Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Olivia's First Day of School




Tuesday was Olivia's first day of school through the Mother's Day Out program at one of our local churches. She will be going two days a week for 5 hrs. This is the longest she's ever been away from me. I think I got most of my crying out of the way after her Open House. We both had a pretty great first day. She didn't start crying until I was almost out the door. Her teacher said she had a good day, but did a little sympathy crying when the other kids got upset. She new all of her colors and she ate half of her lunch. She didn't take a nap (she's been fighting them at home too), but she played quietly and didn't bother the other kids. We have been talking a lot about going back tomorrow, but I think the second day might be a little harder.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Too cute! Love the pictures!

I bet she loves school once she gets settled in. And hopefully you'll be able to enjoy some time to yourself. ;)

Brig said...

She's gotten so big! I love those plaid capris she is wearing. Enjoy your mommy days :)