Monday, January 12, 2009

Winterfest









On Saturday we took Olivia to the Pearland Winterfest at a local park. Although she didn't participate in any of the "winter activities," (She's a little too young for ice skating), Olivia still had a blast. She had went on a carnival ride BY HERSELF for the first time. Luis and I almost had heart attacks. While she was on the ride I was trying to recall my days working in the ER....I'm sure I've seen kids injured on these things. The guy running the ride didn't seem to be a rocket scientist. But she survived and didn't seem to phased by it.
Her favorite part of the whole day was the petting zoo. I could have watched her in there all day. At first she was barking at the goats. I think she thought they were dogs :) Unfortunately she didn't' like the pony ride so much. She got really excited when she saw them from afar, but once up close she was not into it.
She had so much fun she fell asleep on the way home and ended up napping for over 3 hours! We will definitely be going back next year!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Anything that gets a 3-hour nap out of it sounds great to me. ;) LOVE the picture of Olivia looking up!